I was awoken on Wednesday morning by the contractor for the LCSO, reminding me to pick up my music from Capshaw/Olivas music store for this weekend's pop gig. Only problem is, I had no idea that I was scheduled to be playing this gig until I received this phone call.
New York City Ballet and NY Met's Marji Danilow is in El Paso this week for some chamber performances, and I had agreed to lend her my bass during her time in El Paso. Her last performance is on Sunday at 2 p.m., and I have Las Cruces gigs this weekend. Thus, I am using the school's Pollman bass for these performances, and Marji is using my bass. Strangely enough, my bass sounds much better than the Pollman bass.
The LCSO Pops gig is a Motown review, with singing act The Contours. This is all a lot of fun for me, because I really enjoy all of the Motown/Phil Spector/60's pop music. The Contours bring their own band, including an electric bass player. This makes me (and I'm sure the rest of my section) feel like we're there solely as scenery.
I have next week off entirely, aside from starting school again. In addition to my music courses, I'm taking English and Philosophy, two classes I should have taken a couple of years ago and have been putting off. I'll post my school schedule tomorrow afternoon.
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment