Saturday, December 8, 2007

Dec. 3 - 9

EPSO:
Michael W. Smith
Holiday Afternoon w/ EPSO

UTEP:
GRIEG Symphonic Dances
FRANCK Symphony no. 1 D minor


Monday

off

Tuesday
off

Wednesday
6:00 UTEP dress rehearsal

Thursday
7:30 UTEP Concert

Friday
3:30 - 6 Michael W. Smith rehearsal
8:00 Michael W. Smith concert

Saturday
10 - 12:30 EPSO rehearsal

Sunday
10:30 - 12:3o EPSO rehearsal
2:00 EPSO concert


As you can see, I'm posting this schedule on Friday, after the Michael W. Smith concert, which I'll talk about in another post when I have some more time. Also, if you'll notice, we have an early rehearsal tomorrow for the EPSO Holiday Pops concert. This is my first time playing the EPSO Holiday concert, and I'm sort of excited about it. Definitely NOT because of the early rehearsal, but because crowds always really enjoy holiday concerts. Also I have a thing for sleigh-bells.

The UTEP concert was last night, and I left the flute concerto off of the program above because the name of the composer escapes me at the moment. I thought the concert went well, and the bass section played exceptionally well. It might interest some of you to know that our orchestra currently has 4 cellists and 7 bassists; strange numbers for a university orchestra and a good indicator of what kind of recruitment is going on in our string department.

I will post soon about the Michael W. Smith concert, which was an "interesting" experience, to say the least.

No comments: